Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cranberry-Pecan Butter

Each year I throw a tea for Mother's Day.  I like to keep the menu different from year-to-year, so I'm always looking for new ideas.  Scones are a staple of any proper tea.  I love lemon curd, but it's nice to have a few other toppings.  This year I made flavored butters.  It's so easy and  adds wonderful texture and flavor. It's also delicious on toast and bagels.



Here's what you'll need:


1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
1/2 c dried cranberries, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly blended, making sure ALL the butter has either a fruit or nut in it.


The butter can be used immediately or stored in the fridge, tightly covered, for up to a month.  Just bring it to room temp before using.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment