Friday, November 14, 2014

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic


I was having friends over for dinner tonight and needed a vegetable.  As I walked through the farmer's market, I thought I might be out of luck until I came across these baby Brussels sprouts. They're SO cute!  I decided a quick saute would be best, and I was right.  They were so delicious and took almost no time at all.

Here's what you'll need:
2 slices bacon, diced
1 qt baby Brussels sprouts
2 TBSP water
1 TBSP olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Brown bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.


Remove the bacon from the pan, keeping the drippings in the pan.  Add the Brussels sprouts and toss until they're all coated in the bacon juices.  Add the water.  Cover and let steam 1-2 minutes. Uncover.

Add the oil and return the bacon to the skillet.


Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts soften and brown slightly.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment